Welcome to Temple Israel of the Poconos
Temple Israel of the Poconos traces its history back to Yom Kippur 1919, when nine men met at Louis Nadelman's Main Street home to conduct the first religious service of the Jewish congregation. Two weeks later, Mr. and Mrs. Nathan Abeloff opened their home for Succot Festival services with Torahs borrowed from Congregation B'nai Abraham in Easton.
From that time until today, Temple Israel is proud to be known as "The Jewish Address of the Poconos." Our Rabbi is a sensitive, caring and joyful presence who cares for the needs of young and old alike with love, hope and dignity.